Penang, Malaysia

So flew to KL at the start of the week then got the bus up to Penang, where I will stay for maybe 2 weeks, as I'm just relaxing this month before meeting my friend in singapore for Christmas. Until then Penang is my home, I've visited before and am a fan thanks to the huge amount of food on offer, all indian dishes in little india, malay food and tons of Chinese food, so a great range to choose from. This week I've had tandoori chicken, vegetable thalis, chicken rice to name a few, been running a couple of times to combat all the meals i have eaten.
Today I walked out of town to visit the Burmese and Thai Buddhist temples, the first housing a large standing buddha, then over the road a 30 meter long reclining buddha.

Above shows alms baskets which people purchase to donate to the monks (as monks do not ever take money only food and other donations)

Me in front of the large reclining buddha in the thai temple

A mosiac dragon shining in the sun and below art work on the temple wall


Labels: , , ,