Chittorgarh, Rajasthan, India

I stopped for a day in Chittorgarh (or just Chittor) to see the remains of the old fort, palaces and temples set up above the town.  I have to admit I did not get to see all of it as the fort walls run for about 6km along the hills above the town and there are numerous temples spread along the fort looking down to the town.
This was probably the highlight though; the tower of victory or  Jaya Stambha; that is 37m tall with stairs winding round inside I climbed to the top for the view down above all the fort and down to the town.
Here I was looking out from the tower across other temples and gardens, you can see the fort wall running off into the distance.
Here is one of the temples with amazing detail in, but too be honest I can't remember the name of it, it was a good afternoon wandering round though.

Labels: , , , ,