Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam

So my time to Vietnam came to an end in Ho Chi Minh City. Its an expanse of modern metropolis these days, and it was great to see the contrasts between new and old, starting here with the old central post office building still in excellent condition. This is followed by the Notre Dame Cathedral against modern offices in the background. After this a nightscape looking across the city from a trendy rooftop bar location.
Had some excellent Vietnamese food in my last few days, including these colourful spring rolls with the rice rolls pigmented using different vegetables, they looked good and tasted good.
My final afternoon as I walked the streets I spotted the 3A alternative art area with impressive street art.  Vietnam has been a fascinating country and I hope to return soon.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,